Saturday, September 27, 2014

A New Bible Study: The Best Yes

I have tried several online bible studies and have enjoyed all of them for different reasons.  This week I started a new bible study with Proverbs 31 ministries.  We are reading The Best Yes by Lisa Terkeurst.


I am excited about this study because it is about putting boundaries in your life and working on what to hold on to and what to let go of.  Boundaries and balance will always be part of my struggle, so I am excited to keep working on it.

She talks about the "disease to please" in the first couple chapters some, which I know is something I have given into. In chapter two, Lisa talks about seeking unbroken companionship with God.  We spend so much of our lives running around trying to please others and cross off to-do-lists that we forget to stop long enough to listen to God. She talks about how we need to look for his direction in our lives before we ask for instructions.  We get so busy that we ignore his prompting throughout the day.  I know I am guilty of this.  My prayer this week is that I seek more companionship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment