Sunday, April 21, 2013

Prayer, More Fitness, and a Better Metabolism

This weekend has been a great weekend.  Today I went to church at First Baptist Dallas. I have really enjoyed the guest speakers over the last couple weeks for the opening of the new sanctuary. We have had Dr. David Jeremiah and Jym Cymbala.  Today Dr. James Dobson came and spoke. The last couple sermons have convicted me on how much more I need to consistently be praying. I enjoy praying when I walk my dog.  We have a trail by a duck pond down the road. I enjoy walking Nala over there.  I find it very peaceful, and it brings me a lot of joy.  I like praying while we walk. The ducks, the water, the trees, and the sunshine all help me let go and let God. Over and over I am reminded of the importance of surrender and faith.  I am an achiever.  I always have a list to accomplish, so it is a daily...hourly choice to surrender and not worry and not overthink.

This week I finished week 2 of bootcamp fitness. I can already tell I am getting a little stronger. It feels good to feel some progress.  I also started a meal plan this week to help increase my metabolism.  I have a slow metabolism even though I am a small person.  I can gain 5-10 pounds quickly (especially when my thyroid levels are off) but then it is so hard to lose that 5-10 pounds. I found a website called The Fast Metabolism Diet.  I purchased the book through Kindle and the app for the i-Phone. 

The diet lasts 4 weeks and each week you go through 3 phases. The first 2 days you eat more grains and fruit, the next two days you eat veggies and protein, and the last 3 days you eat a mix of all of it. In general, you cut out sugar, alcohol, wheat, dairy, soy, and corn.  Just cutting out dairy and wheat can help your body detox.  On Thursday and Friday, I felt awful and had headaches from detoxing and allergies. Yesterday, I felt a million times better. The app for the phone is amazing (it also only costs $1.99)! You eat about 5-6 small meals per day.  At each meal/snack it tells you what types of foods to eat and then gives you choices.  I like this a lot better than other meal plans I have seen because it tells me what to eat but still gives me options. So far after week 1 I have lost about 2-3 pounds. I am glad to have found something to help me know what foods to eat to help increase my metabolism, and it did not cost me a fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment