Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Worship is Active and Not Passive

Bootcamp is on a two week break, and I already can tell a difference.  Yesterday, I was feeling overwhelmed when I realized how much I need to get accomplished this summer to get ready for next school year. Normally on Tuesdays, I would have my bootcamp workout.  Stressful day and no major workout...I was still stressed.  I realized how much less stressed I have been the last 4 weeks.

Spiritually, I know I am supposed to not worry...to let go and let God.  This is so hard sometimes.  I can be such a control freak over my immediate life and to-do's.  I feel like over the last month or two God is really showing me that worship and surrender are ACTIVE and not PASSIVE.  What I mean is that for me I am coming to see that there is something amazing that exercise does for me spiritually. Let me clarify.  When I work hard and sweat hard, I let go and I surrender.  Each lap and each physical movement helps me let go of the worries and distractions and stresses that weigh me down.  As I sweat out the stress, there is more room for God...more room for prayer.

Exercise is great for me physically, mentally, and emotionally.  I am finding that as I feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally, I also see improvement spiritually.  I take more time to seek God throughout the day and the week.

(Source: Pinterest)

I also have been trying to go to Holy Yoga once a week.  I have always enjoyed yoga, but there is something special about actually doing yoga with other Christians...about actually worshipping while being physically active.  With holy yoga, you are actively worshipping.


Today, I got up and went for an interval run/walk with Nala.

 photo 210FCB97-AFBA-4E7C-BD5F-0FF6247A5979-55579-00000EFC31500228_zps73893eb3.jpg

Running and I do not have a great relationship, but I feel like I need to keep trying. Things worth doing are always hard.
(Source: Pinterest)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 photo singature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment