Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Why does accountability matter?

I am not sure I would get anything done without accountability.  I make things important when I feel like someone cares and it matters.

The first step is being honest with yourself.  I know I try harder when someone holds me accountable.  I own that, and I am okay with it.


Source: Pinterest

When I first got a personal trainer in 2006, I would show up because I didn't want to lose $50 for not showing up.  I had accountability.

I love to workout with friends because it gives me accountability.  I have a Signature membership at Sunstone Yoga here in Dallas.  It is amazing.   I can bring someone with me for free every time I go.  I think I have taken everyone I know at least once.  I am so much more likely to go if I know someone is waiting for me.

My favorite accountability partner is Nala.  If we don't go on a walk, she looks so sad.  I hate to disappoint her.  So we walk.  Even if I don't get a workout in, I know I will probably walk at least a mile.  At least I'm moving.

Sometimes when you walk, you even have to stop and smell the roses.  Like she did this morning.

If you find an accountability partner, you just might you find it easier to build a healthy habit.  Challenge a friend to workout with you or drink more water with you.

Have you ever found it difficult to get in a regular bible study routine?  I know I did.  I discovered Hello Mornings.
HelloMornings

I love it!  Best thing I ever did to get in a bible study routine.  They provide a six week bible study, and there are daily check-ins on Facebook or Instagram. It is amazing how much more motivated I am to do my bible study in the morning just because I get to check-in with someone.

So if there is something you want to change in your life, I encourage you to consider finding an accountability partner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment